Life is soooooo busy these days... especially getting ready for summer craziness. I normally love being busy but lately I've been a little stressed out.
First of all, I'm looking for a new job. I am thankful for the job I have, being a nanny to the two kids, but I'm ready for something different. Mainly because my schedule is so scattered- some days I get off at 4 and some days I'm there until 7. I need something more regular so that I can plan hangout time with my students. So I applied and had an interview at Sylvan learning centers on Tuesday but haven't heard anything back. The lady said that my interview went really well and she liked what she heard... so we'll see. I was expecting to hear something by now but I'm still hopeful. Although, even if I do end up having to nanny, I found an awesome senior girl from church that will watch them two days a week during the summer. So that would help a lot with my schedule.
Second, we have a LOT coming up at the church. Middle school camp is in a little over two weeks and there is a ton to do before we leave. I'm super excited for camp! I've never been to this camp ground (Camp WOW, a couple hours away from here) but I've heard really great things about it. I'm in charge of late night parties and everything is coming along. Please be praying for us as we are preparing and for the students- that God will start working on their hearts now and preparing them for camp as well. :)
Third, I actually started COOKING. I've never been a big fan of cooking. Mainly because I hate doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen afterward. But in an effort to eat healthier and save money, I prepare almost all of my meals at home. This takes a lot of time to plan and grocery shop and pack lunches... but I'm really enjoying it. So far I've made some delicious tacos and chili and a lot of salads. My favorite was from this website my friend Brooke told me about, www.skinnytaste.com and was a shrimp salad that you eat on top of lettuce. It was delicious :) And I was really proud of myself for actually making it! I now have plans to make some healthy pina colada cupcakes for my small group on Sunday. I'm kinda excited! Check out that website- its amazing.
Through all of this, I started going through a devotion book and the whole first part talks about how God provides and He is our comfort... It was exactly what I needed right now. One of my favorite verses from this study so far is:
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Well, thats about it for now. I will be in Phoenix in only TEN DAYS and I'm beyond excited. I'm ready for some dry heat and quality family time :)
yay!!! you are coming home soon! this is so exciting. and i am very glad that you are eating healthy in the OK because when you come home we are going to pig out on chino bandito! and i am thrilled about it. i graduate tomorrow! yay for me!
ReplyDeleteBeen lurking on your blog for about 3 weeks since your mom posted a link on FB. Looks like you are doing great. Just had to comment and say that I too LOVE skinnytaste.com recipes. Her knock off Chipotle lime rice is delish!
ReplyDelete