Monday, April 25

Easter Weekend!

So Easter was yesterday and it was AWESOME. My little sister, Sarah, came into town last Tuesday night/ Friday morning (like 1am) and spent the weekend with me. None of my family here knew she was coming so it was a big surprise. Its nice to have it all out in the open now! It was so hard to keep it a secret from them. :)
On Friday Sarah came to work with me and we took the little boy I nanny to the zoo... which was fun until he had a huge fit- screaming at me in the middle of the park! People were staring, he was yelling that I was the worst babysitter ever and that he hated me... I'm surprised somebody didn't call child protective services. Talk about embarrassing- it went on for like 20 minutes and we finally had to leave. But then we got snowcones as he took a nap in the backseat of the car- and they were delicious :)

At the zoo!

We did get to see the snakes before the big meltdown...



After I got off work we left to spend the night at our grandparent's house in Pauls Valley (about an hour and a half south). They were VERY surprised that Sarah was with me! We had fun eating, decorating eggs, shopping, and running around town. 
That night we hung out at Bricktown. We ate at Zios (soooo good!) and went to Pinkitzel, which is this adorable little candy and cupcake shop. It was a lot of fun but would have been better if we had been prepared for the cold weather... we were wearing tank tops and it was SO cold. Stupid bi-polar Oklahoma weather!

Coloring eggs with Grandma!

Yummmmy dinner 

Most delicious cupcake I've ever had! 
So that brings us to Sunday- Easter! Service was wonderful. The kids sang (and did really really great!), the worship was good, the sermon was good, there were a ton of people there, and I got to see a lot of my students, even though we didn't have youth small groups. Right after it ended we drove up to Billings, where our other grandparents live. There, we surprised the rest of the family and ate lunch. It was nice being with aunts and uncles and cousins for Easter :) The little ones had a great time hunting for eggs and we took a ton of pictures! It was just overall a great day!!

Gracie Beth and Sarah- I just love this picture! lol

Little Luke :)

Trevor finding eggs

Most of the grandkids! 
Now Sarah is back in Arizona and I have to go back to work tomorrow. It was sad to see her leave but I will be back in Phoenix in four weeks from today to see her graduate! I'm really looking forward to that :) 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend! 
He is RISEN!! 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun surprise! :) Great to see (most) everyone together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to rain on your parade.. but you have a typo in the first paragraph. You said she got here Tuesday night/Friday morning.. but it is supposed to say Thursday. So anyways. That was lovely and the pictures are very nice. I think you need to smack that little brat in the face. Who does he think he is? A good spanking never hurt anybody.. just saying

    ReplyDelete