So its been a reallllly long time since I've posted anything and I keep thinking that I should... and then I get too busy. I'll try to get better about it!
A lot has happened since February. Exciting stuff though :) First of all, I moved into a house with two other girls, named Sara and Becca. They are amazing and I'm having so much fun living with them! Sara works at my church as an administrative assistant and is also a great photographer (I just can't escape them...lol). Becca is still in school and has a hedgehog as a pet- so fun! So now I live in Edmond instead of half an hour away, which is really nice. I'm enjoying being close to my students and not having such a long commute.
Second, I got another job. I am now a nanny for a family with a 5 year old boy and 9 year old girl. They only live 2 miles away from me so thats really perfect. I'm grateful for a second job but I'm definitely looking for a part time teaching job next school year!
Everything at the church is going really really great. I love my students! We just had the girl's retreat last weekend and it was awesome. We had about 150 girls come and it was so cool watching God move in their lives. Kelly- my boss- spoke about submission (John 3:30- "He must become greater; I must become less.") and worship was amazing. And we had some really awesome give aways... and I taught a breakout about singleness and having high standards. It was just overall wonderful! I love my job :)
Last order of business... it was 12 years ago today that I was diagnosed with diabetes! Happy anniversary to myself! I can't believe its been so long. As much as its been annoying and a big pain, I know that there has been a reason for it. I would like to share a story with you :) Last summer, I worked at a youth camp called Centrifuge and almost every week, there was a diabetic camper. Week 5 or 6 (they all start running together...) there were two diabetic girls who came from the same church. One of the girls really blamed God and was angry that she had diabetes. I was able to talk to her about the challenges of having diabetes and worrying about your health. And about the fact that God has a plan and reason for everything. It was so cool! Her youth leader came up to me later and said that she talked about it in front of her youth group for the first time and finally decided to give it to God and not be angry anymore.
Its amazing that God uses our "imperfections" to impact other people. We just have to be willing to be used by Him!
Well I hope you enjoyed the updates about my life over the past couple of months. I'll make it more regular from now on :) And if I forget, I know that Brenton and Julie will hold me to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment