Wednesday, July 6

Sweet Summertime

I love summer! Not really the heat (and now humidity) that comes with it, but the time of year. Especially working in youth ministry- it seems like there is always something going on. So far this summer I spent a week in Phoenix, two weeks at camps, one week helping out with VBS, and one week doing King of the Beach at church. Its been crazy!

It was so great to be home for a little while. Definitely nice to spend time with family and friends. And I can't believe my little sister graduated high school!
The day after I got back from AZ, I left for middle school camp with my church. We went to Camp WOW, which was a really nice campground, and it was great hanging out with students all week. And it was especially awesome to watch God work in their lives! I didn't take many pictures during the week but I love this one from blacklight night. We all glowed!


The week after camp was a week off, so all I did was work. And then the week after that was VBS. I helped out with 2nd graders- they had so much energy!
The following week was Super Summer, which is a leadership camp for youth at Oklahoma Baptist University. I worked with students entering their junior year in high school. It was a really cool experience- I had friends that went growing up and I'm so thankful I had the chance to experience it.

The Yellow 2 School- I loved all the people I got to work with over the week.

My family group! These were the students that I had in small group each day.

Two days after I got back from Super Summer, we started King of the Beach. Its a four day volleyball tournament at our sand volleyball courts at church. It was hot and loooonnnngggg... but so fun! I enjoyed hanging out with the students that, like me, didn't actually play in the tournament ;) 

Some of my 7th grade girls- "The gingers"

The interns and dulos (high school summer interns)... It was a busy week for us!

Basically, that catches you up on my summer so far. It has been a blast! And its not over yet- I still have two days in Dallas for an 8th grade trip, a week vacation with my family in Cancun, and high school camp in Panama City Beach! I'm definitely looking forward to it all. 

On a different note, I quit my nanny job a couple of weeks ago. Please be praying for me as I am praying about/searching for a second job. Thanks :) 

Stay tuned for a Fourth of July weekend post!

No comments:

Post a Comment