Friday, January 28

Sunny with a high of 75...

Today I got ready and put on a long sleeved shirt, scarf, jeans, and boots, and headed outside... to the 73 DEGREE WEATHER! What?!? I was actually hot and had to take off my scarf and turn on the air conditioning in the car. I just don't understand this bipolar Oklahoma weather. This weekend is perfect but in 3 days, we're supposed to get a crazy winter storm. Silly. And I forgot how good 70 degree weather feels! Oh Phoenix- how I miss your amazing weather this time of year. 

In fact, I missed a lot about Phoenix today. Like the fact that my family and friends live there! I decided to go to the mall today (yay Dillard's sale!) and everywhere I looked, I saw girls with their mom or a group of girls with friends. And I so wished that I could call up my mom or Jessica or Julie or Kara... or a lot of other people, and just meet them at the mall. Especially when I tried on a dress but I couldn't tell if it looked good or not. I have a hard time making decisions on my own! And its just weird to ask a stranger for their opinion. Oh well, I get to visit AZ in a week and a half and I'm really looking forward to it :)
I did get to hang out with Lesley tonight though! We ate at Panera (a lot like Paradise Bakery, for all you Phoenix folk) and went shopping for shoes and my 5 year old cousin's birthday present. So thank you to Lesley, for making this kinda homesick day much better! 

My last bit of news is that I applied for my Oklahoma teaching certification today! It will take a few weeks to hear if I have to take any extra classes or tests to get it. I'm reallllly hoping I won't have to! But either way, it will be nice being certified here. Hopefully next school year I can find a half time special education position :) 

Well, tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I'm really looking forward to going to Celebration Station for Trevor's birthday party and seeing some family I haven't seen since I moved. So goodbye for now! Time for some rest :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh friend.. How i miss you. I would have loved to meet you up at the mall.. and you are right. you cannot make decisions on your own. i know what panera is.. :) and im glad that you are hanging out with lesley. she seemed like a super nice girl.. so yay!

    ReplyDelete